Breitbart, Fox News Barred From Attending Correspondents’ Dinner After Venue Change

WASHINGTON, D.C. – A number of conservative news organizations including Breitbart, Fox News, and The Washington Times have had their invitations to the 2017 White House Correspondent’s Dinner revoked after a sudden change in the annual fundraising event’s location, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer announced on Tuesday.

“The White House Correspondents’ Association has agreed to voluntarily step aside and allow the Trump administration to take on the role of planning this year’s dinner,” Press Secretary Spicer told reporters on Tuesday. Citing “logistical issues,” Mr. Spicer said the dinner’s location has been changed from the banquet hall of a Washington-area hotel to an underground military facility on the outskirts of Washington, D.C.

When pressed by a reporter from The New York Times, Mr. Spicer refused to disclose the location of the bunker but said attendees of the annual black-tie fundraising event will be bused to the secure venue under military escort. “The president obviously understands the importance of the First Amendment and in light of that he wants to make the evening as memorable as possible,” Secretary Spicer explained before adding that President Trump is “pulling out all the stops” to do so. “The president wants to make amends with the media,” Spicer declared. “He’s the one taking the high road here.”

However, despite his best intentions, President Donald J. Trump will not attend this year’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner, an announcement he made via Twitter last week. “This dinner isn’t for me, it’s for the press – and believe me, no one deserves it more than they do,” President Trump told Breitbart News during an exclusive Oval Office interview on Monday. “I will tell you this is going to be a historic evening; you’re going to be very impressed with what we’re doing for these people. It’s going to be very beautiful.”

President Donald Trump said he has asked former president Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to attend the White House Correspondents’ Dinner in his place. “I think it would be very fitting for the both of them to be there,” he told Breitbart.

Due to “scheduling concerns,” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said no one from the Trump administration will be able to attend the annual dinner. However, the White House has released a lengthy list of individuals described as “esteemed guests of honor” who will attend in place of administration officials. The list includes a number of leading climate change scientists, three federal judges from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, NBC News anchor Megyn Kelly, and U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel.

R. Hobbus J.D.

Investigative Journalist

R. Hobbus J.D. is an internationally acclaimed independent investigative journalist specializing in international politics, health, business, science, conflict resolution, history, geography, mathematics, social issues, feminism, space travel, civil rights, human rights... more

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!